1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

Forced Recalc Total

Discussion in 'Community' started by bonghetti, Jun 20, 2022.

1. bonghetti

bonghetti Member

Level: Community
    Hi,
    I am using the total plugin to calculate the total of an installment plan. In the group repeated for each plan, it calculates the total of the installment (amount multiplied by number and multiplied by fractionation). Then in another group there is a total field that adds them. Unfortunately this sum only updates when I press the add or delete button in the repeated group. Is there a way (javascript or other) to force the recalculation?

2. lousyfool

lousyfool Well-Known Member

The simplest way will probably be some custom JS script, indeed. Depending on what'll work best for your form, I guess you could use a blur or click event on some element(s), then recalculate the total and have it replacing the old value. Or instead have the total recalculated every X milliseconds in a setInterval() function.

3. bonghetti

bonghetti Member

Thank you.
    in fact it is the solution that I think to adopt but I have not found examples of codes to use in this case

4. lousyfool

Google is your friend. ;)

5. bonghetti

bonghetti Member

Yes,
    but I have already done several searches and at the moment I don't find anything that works at the moment

6. lousyfool

Well, I guess if you can't do it, you may want to consider hiring someone who can. To take all guesswork out, you'll need to provide them complete detailed information on what you want, best also give them access to the form, and FTP as well.

7. bonghetti

bonghetti Member

Thank you for the suggestion, which we will evaluate anyway. In any case, I will make some further personal attempts first.