1. Fabrik 3.8.1 has been released. It is mostly bug fixes and feature enhancements, but does include two new plugins (push notifications, and the sequence element). As usual we strongly recommend testing the new release on a sandbox if your application is mission critical, and always do an Akeeba backup before updating.

Gap between template and pdf output - fabrik install screwed up?

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by smalldragoon, Apr 15, 2018 at 9:29 AM.

1. smalldragoon

smalldragoon Member

Level: Standard
    Hi,
    I was updating my template which was fine so far and suddenly, all layout/font/character changed to something weird.
    I of course tried to undo changes without success.
    For some time ( 10 min ) , the form was "not published" goind through the public website, where I was abel to access it from the admin , submitting news entries without problems.
    1 - What I did wrong or what happened ? did I submitted too much entries as I was testing ?
    2 - linked maybe to point 1 , how can I get back my form properly ?

Attached : default.php of the template & pdf output

thx !

Attached Files:

2. smalldragoon

smalldragoon Member

Hi, I'm adding a strange behavior that I haven I think, since this issue.
    The form I'm using is mentionned as "not published" when accessed via the front-end.
    BUT it is published ( name is : 'inscriptions au club').
    I checked and I can use the form from the admin side, changing / submitting etc....
    I tried to switch back to bootstrap template, same results....( attached )
    what did I do wrong or was there an issue at some point ?

Attached Files:

3. smalldragoon

smalldragoon Member

4. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Level: Professional
    Just a reminder that response time in Standard is 3 working days. We are usually quicker than that, but sometimes it'll be 3 days.

For the PDF formatting issue, can you look in ...

libraries/fabrik/vendor/dompdf/dompdf/lib/fonts

... and see if you have a file called dompdf_font_family_cache.php. You'll have one called dompdf_font_family_cache.dist.php (with the 'dist' in the path), but the one you are looking for is without 'dist'. If so, delete it, and try a PDF again.

-- hugh

5. smalldragoon

smalldragoon Member

Hi Hugh,
    Works great !
    Thanks

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018 at 5:45 PM
  6. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Level: Professional
    Cool. Note that it'll probably recreate itself, but that's OK. The problem was, that file gets created (if it doesn't exist) by DOMPDF when it builds documents, with information about your font library (in case you want to add custom fonts). I had accidentally committed the copy from my test server, which was built on Windows, and had \ in the file paths, which meant that folk running on Linux got bitten.

I've removed that copy from github, but anyone who had updated from github or installed 3.8.1 had the broken file, which has to be deleted manually.

-- hugh