1. Fabrik 3.8.1 has been released. It is mostly bug fixes and feature enhancements, but does include two new plugins (push notifications, and the sequence element). As usual we strongly recommend testing the new release on a sandbox if your application is mission critical, and always do an Akeeba backup before updating.
    Dismiss Notice

Dutch manual in progress

Discussion in 'About fabrikar.com' started by ManuAmpe, Apr 1, 2018.

1. ManuAmpe

ManuAmpe New Member

Level: Community
    Dear,

I'm writing a manual of Fabrik in Dutch (now already 170 pages).
    Mid April I will present Fabrik to the Flemish Joomla User Group JugVlaanderen.

To complete my manual, I hope that someone of Fabirk can contribute a little bit.
    1. Can you send me some images I can use for the cover of my manual, please?
    2. I want to tell in a few lines what will be new in the upcoming Fabrik-versions. So maybe you can tell in a few lines what is in the development-pipeline to deliver soon & in the near future?
    3. For the Vizualization I described 2 kind of callendars: calendar and fullcalandar. Is there one of them that will be abandonned soon (or what is he reason of both existances) ?
    4. The Visualization Slideshow I couldn't get it to work. Is it due to my settings that it doesn't work or is it also a matter of obsolence (like Chart)? And what about the visualization-type "media"?
    5. Once my manual is finished, I want to share it / publish it on your site / wiki / ... . How should i proceed?

Thank you for any of your contributions & feedback.
    Regards,
    Manu Ampe

2. mediaateam

mediaateam Administrator Staff Member

Hi @ManuAmpe - I definitely would like to help you with this effort. I will send you a PM.

3. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

The 'calendar' viz is deprecated, and will be removed soon. The 'fullcalendar' viz is the only one supported.

The slideshow viz should be working, I tested it here last night, although I did discover a couple of small issues that needed fixing, to do with a specific setting combination (single file AJAX upload, with crop enabled), I'll push the changes up to github later today. I will be replacing the plugin it uses (slideshow2) soon, as it's an old Mootools one which isn't being maintained any more. Will probably use Slick:

http://kenwheeler.github.io/slick/

The 'media' viz is indeed dead, as the 3rd party plugins it used died, as they both used Flash. I took a look at it last night, and found a couple of HTML5 based solutions for playing audio and video content, so when I get an hour or two spare this week I'll probably recode it to use one of those. The plugin hasn't gotten any love, as nobody really ever used it, and I wrote it for a specific client who wanted that functionality. But I liked having the functionality, so I'll give it some love soon.

-- hugh

4. ManuAmpe

ManuAmpe New Member

Cheesegrits replied on the more technical stuff.
    Is there someone who can send me some visual material that I can use for the cover of the book / my manual (now already 190 pages ). For the moment I didn't find yet a creative person who could make a (visual) cover for me.

5. mediaateam

mediaateam Administrator Staff Member

@ManuAmpe - I sent you a PM with contact info so we can help you with the cover.