1. Fabrik 3.8.1 has been released. It is mostly bug fixes and feature enhancements, but does include two new plugins (push notifications, and the sequence element). As usual we strongly recommend testing the new release on a sandbox if your application is mission critical, and always do an Akeeba backup before updating.

autocheck if the user name already exists ?

Discussion in 'Professional Support' started by javier94, Apr 17, 2018 at 10:17 AM.

1. javier94

javier94 Member

Level: Professional
    i would like to know if is possible
    when the user is filling the element user's name.. and before to save --> check the jomla data base to know if this user name exists or not.. and show some green icon if is free.. or something red.. if the user name already exist..

which way would be the best??

thanks in advance!

2. jfquestiaux

jfquestiaux Well-Known Member

You can use the validation "userexists" and enable the AJAX validation in your form.

cheesegrits likes this.
  3. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Use the 'userexists' validation.

I don't think it's part of the core install, so you may need to install the download ZIP, or (if you've e ver done a full github update), "discover" and install it in the J! extensions manager.

-- hugh

4. javier94

javier94 Member

yes, as cheesegrits posted .. i can see is not part of the core install..

can you tell me where i can find the user exits validation archive. ?? .and i can try to install it in the J! extensions manager

or we can do in other way??

5. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

In the downloads section of this site, http://fabrikar.com/download

Or, if you've ever done a full github update, just do a "Discover" in J!'s extension manager and install it from there.

-- hugh

6. javier94

javier94 Member